BEDS NUMBERS/CHEERLEADING INFORMATION
Additional Coaching Requirements (to be completed within 3 years)
- AACCA Safety Certification Course (5 hrs.)
(to be completed with an instructor, in person, the first time;
recertification can be completed online)
- NFHS Partner Stunt Progression Course (3 hrs.)
Cheer Final Categories
Two weeks prior to the Championship each school will have to select the category you choose to compete in. There are 5 categories.
1. Large School / Large Team (17-32 cheerleaders) BEDS 750+
2. Large School / Small Team (16 or fewer cheerleaders) BEDS 750+
3. Small School / Large Team (17-32 cheerleaders) BEDS 749 and under
4. Small School / Small Team (16 or fewer cheerleaders) BEDS 749 and under
5. Mixed team / Coed - This is for any team small or large that is coed.
Teams must attend two competitions during the winter season to be eligible for the Section 1 Championships.
At Basketball Games:
- There is no stunting or tumbling allowed on the basketball court without mats.
- Modified cheer is not permitted to do basket tosses but they can do chuck toss/power pops.
KEY DATES FOR SPORT
Section 1 Finals - Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 8:00 am - Pace University